health

[health][bsummary]

vehicles

[vehicles][bigposts]

business

[business][twocolumns]

Wood tames Labuschagne on empty stomach

Mark Wood’s second straight dismissal of Marnus Labuschagne came on an empty stomach after the English quick fought off an overnight bug before the SCG Test.

Wood grabbed the prized wicket of Labuschagne for the second innings in succession on Wednesday, drawing his edge and having him caught behind on 30.

It was the second time in 10 balls he had got rid of the world’s top-ranked bat, also drawing his edge in Australia’s only innings at the MCG last week.

But Wood revealed after play he was struggling after a stomach bug affected his preparation and forced an uneasy Tuesday night before day one.

“I had a bit of a stomach problem,” Wood said.

“I had a bit of a rough night last night but apart from that I managed to keep just enough energy for the day.

“Hoping with a good night’s rest, some more food and stuff in me, I’ll be right for tomorrow.”

By his own admission, Wood is disappointed with his Ashes return of six wickets at 31.83, as England slumped to a 3-0 deficit.

But he cannot be disappointed by the scalps he’s claimed after Australia went to stumps at 3-126 on a wet day in Sydney.

As well as removing Labuschagne again, Wood also got Smith at the Gabba before he was rested for conditions that would have suited him best in Adelaide.

“I’ve been slightly frustrated myself that I have rhythm and I’m bowling well, but I I haven’t got the amount of wickets that I would like,” Wood said.

“But if you get big wickets like those guys, it certainly makes you very happy.

“If we get Smith in the morning, then that’s a huge feather in our cap because they’re the top players.

“I’m just trying to make them play as much as possible and bowl full.

“It’s not just throwing it up there, it’s hitting the wicket hard and making them play as much as you can.

“Thankfully I made Marnus play that ball, it wasn’t an easy leave ball. And he managed to edge it.”



Wood tames Labuschagne on empty stomach
Independent Information

No comments:

Post a Comment